How to Plan a Getaway to the Maldives
“The Maldives” is made up of almost 1,200 small islands and when you hear people talking about the Maldives, they are referring to a collection of islands located in the Indian Ocean. The small islands are further divided into 26 natural atolls stretching from north to south across more than 800 kilometers. Approximately 200 of these islands in the Maldives are inhabited, and another 200 islands are resort islands. The capital of the Maldives is Male (or Malé) and this is where most international visitors will fly into – Velana International Airport.
Best Months to Visit
The best time to visit the Maldives is from November to April. The island nation is warm and sunny year-round but consists of a dry season and a wet, rainy season. Though the climate is tropical with the temperature hovering at about 28-30 degrees Celsius on most days.
What to do?
The Maldives is a perfect paradise where you can enjoy and relax the whole year. It also has some of the most mind-blowing marine life, with more than 1,000 fish species, 40 species of sharks, dolphins, turtles, tropical fish, manta rays, stingrays, sea turtles, and even whale sharks. It is a world-class diving and snorkeling destination with incredible coral reefs.
Now that you know a bit more about the Maldives are you asking yourself which atoll should you visit? Which resort is the best for your needs? Do you book a resort that’s accessible by speedboat or do you choose one that’s only reachable by seaplane? Beach villa or overwater villa?
Well, there are beautiful resorts accessible by speedboat as well as by seaplane. The same goes for the beach or overwater villa, a smaller or bigger island, and so on. It all depends on your budget and days spent in the Maldives.
Kuramathi Maldives is an emerald jewel in the turquoise Maldivian waters. It has acres of luxuriant vegetation and spectacular beaches tapering into an endless sandbank.
Located 56 kilometers west of Male’ International Airport, Kuramathi is about 1.8km long. Transfer to Kuramathi is arranged either via seaplane or by speedboat.
Guest villas are scattered around lush gardens, facing secluded areas of long beaches or poised over water. Many areas of the island remain untouched, inviting guests to stroll along deserted beaches or through virgin vegetation.
The resort offers villas in several distinct styles both on land and over the water. Kuramathi offers an option for everyone, ranging from Beach Villas to well-appointed pool villas. All villas feature a king-sized bed, ensuite bathroom with a shower or a bathtub, air conditioning, ceiling fan, bath and beach towels, bathrobes, bathroom amenities, minibar, coffee/tea making facilities, flat-screen TV, and sundecks with sun loungers.
A full variety of activities is available ranging from adventure excursions (Big Game Fishing, Island Hopping, and Semi Submarine), marine life excursions (Snorkel Safari, Turtle Reef Snorkel, and North Ari), private snorkeling lessons as well as cultural trips (Visit Rasdhoo and Sunset Cruise). The multi-lingual dive team provides a friendly and professional service to all guests. Experienced divers will also find challenging dives with many types of sharks, mantas, turtles, rays, napoleons, barracuda, trevally, and tuna as well as many of the smaller, but no less interesting inhabitants of the reef.
lti Maafushivaru Maldives
A unique Island Experience in South Ari Atoll, Lti Maafushivaru Resort in the Maldives is just a 25-minute seaplane journey from Male and offers guests the idyllic island experience epitomizing all that one dreams of when thinking of the Maldives. An island over 350metres in length is partially shaded by its lush vegetation encircled by white-beaches adjacent to a spectacular house reef where a myriad of fish calls home.
You can discover the utterly sublime and flourishing underwater world around South Ari Atoll. From silent cruises to breath-taking sunsets, exploration trips to nearby islands, fun fishing adventure, snorkel safari, big game fishing, private atoll cruise, or manta ray and whale shark excursions.
The possibilities are endless for bespoke destination dining at lti Maafushivaru. Whether it be a romantic dinner under the stars or a beach hideaway. You can choose your perfect location and curate your menu for an exquisitely tailored experience, whatever the occasion.
How to plan a getaway to the Maldives
1. DAY: Arrival at Kuramathi via speedboat, lunch at Farivalhu Restaurant at your leisure. In the afternoon island tour and dinner at Iland Barbecue Restaurant.
2. DAY: Breakfast at Farivalhu Restaurant, Snorkel Safari trip, lunch, and dinner at one of the restaurants of your choice.
3. DAY: Breakfast at Farivalhu Restaurant, motorized or non-motorized watersport activities, lunch at the Palm Restaurant, and dinner at a restaurant of your choice.
4. DAY: Breakfast at Farivalhu Restaurant, signature massage at Kuramathi Spa, light lunch, and dinner at Reef Restaurant at leisure.
5. DAY: After breakfast transfer to airport by speedboat. Further transfer to Maafushivaru via seaplane. After arrival to the island, lunch, and dinner at your leisure.
6. DAY: Breakfast at Cuisine Gallery, snorkeling at the nearby reef, lunch at Las Tapas, and dinner at Cielo, the Italian restaurant.
7. DAY: Breakfast at Cuisine Gallery, signature massage at the spa, lunch at Cielo, and dinner at Moodhu Grill. Evening cocktails at Water Bar.
8. DAY: Floating breakfast at your villa, snack at Library Lounge, sunset cruise, and dinner at Japanese restaurant UMI.
9. DAY: Breakfast at Cuisine Gallery, free time, and departure to the airport.